Whether you’re wishing your parent, friend, or colleague a happy retirement with a delicious cake, the main challenge you are likely to face is figuring out what to write on a retirement cake. This isn’t an easy task because you want the recipient to know how much you value your relationship with and encourage them to accept retirement gracefully.
Fortunately, there are many amazing and motivational sayings that you can write on the retirement cake to help you deliver the right message. This article offers you 164 amazing sayings that you can write on a retirement cake.
What’s a Retirement Cake?
Image source: Pinterest
A retirement cake is a celebration cake specially prepared and presented to a retiree on the day they retire from their job as a farewell gift. This cake can be presented by an employer, coworker, friend, or relative. Like a birthday cake, a retirement cake is an essential part of the farewell celebration because it adds fun, happiness, and delight to the occasion, making it momentous and memorable.
This cake also adds a sense of accomplishment and milestone to the occasion because it proves to the retiree that you enjoyed the times you spent with them at work. If you are giving the cake to your relative or friend, the cake is a simple way of congratulating them on their retirement and letting them know that they have someone they can count on during their retirement days.
A retirement party can’t be complete without a delicious retirement cake. It makes the occasion extra special.
What to Write on a Retirement Cake: 164 Sayings
Image source: Pinterest
Your message on a retirement cake should be thoughtful, playful, and relevant to the occasion. Although retirement is a significant milestone in someone’s life, your farewell message shouldn’t be too serious and philosophical.
The idea of writing this message is to let the retiree know how much you care about them and your appreciation of the time you spent together at work. If you are stuck trying to come up with a nice celebratory message for your retirement cake, here are 164 remarkable sayings that you can consider.
1. On to new adventures.
2. Now the real fun begins.
3. Having fun is your new job.
4. Retirement is the icing on the cake.
5. You will be missed.
6. Best wishes for a happy retirement.
7. The adventure begins.
8. Retirement is sweet.
9. [Name], you take the cake!
10. Thanks for the memories.
11. You made it!
12. The best is yet to come.
13. And… you’re off!
14. The future is yours.
15. Lazy days ahead.
16. Thanks for your years of service.
17. Off the clock… for good.
18. Oh, the places you’ll go!
19. The rest of your life is the best of your life.
20. One chapter ends… another begins.
21. We miss you already.
22. Life starts at retirement.
23. [Name] is outta here!
24. Wishing you all the best, [Name].
25. Enjoy your retirement.
26. You’ve earned it!
27. So much fun is coming your way.
28. Newly retired.
29. Ever admired.
30. Congrats, [Name]!
31. Unemployed and loving it.
32. Take us with you!
33. Goodbye tension.
34. Hello pension.
35. Retirement is a piece of cake.
36. Showering is now optional (but still recommended).
37. Piece at last.
38. Happy retirement… you old fart.
39. PTO = Permanent Time Off.
40. Enjoy the shit out of your retirement.
41. Goodbyes are hard so… GTFO.
42. Who needs weekends? You’re retired!
43. Now you can sleep in.
44. We will miss your bad jokes.
45. Eat up, [Name].
46. You’re on a fixed income now.
47. Work is gonna suck without you.
48. Now you have no excuse not to work out.
49. Enjoy those 7-day weekends.
50. Now is when you’re SUPPOSED to be lazy.
51. Who will bring us donuts now?
52. Congrats on your escape.
53. Rock those sweatpants.
54. You’re retired!
55. Your last office party Evah.
56. There’s a park bench with your name on it.
57. You’re retiring? No fair!
58. Work is for chumps.
59. School’s out forever.
60. Thanks for making a difference:
• Effort: A+.
• Kindness: A+.
• Compassion: A+.
61. You’ve graded your last paper!
62. Assignment: Relaxation.
63. RN retirement’s nice.
64. [Number] years of compassion.
65. Rx many years of relaxation.
66. ER enjoy retirement.
67. Your shift is over. Congratulations!
68. Happy retirement!
69. Have an amazing retirement!
70. Don’t leave us!
71. You’re free…
72. Time to relax!
73. Good luck! We’ll miss you!
74. The fun begins!
75. Now there is time for everything!
76. The countdown is over – happy retirement!
77. Enjoy your retirement time!
78. Retire and enjoy!
79. Now every day can be a weekend!
80. You’ve left footprints on our hearts!
81. Missing you already!
82. On to new adventures!
83. Thanks for XX years of service.
84. Eat, drink and be retired!
85. Life begins with retirement!
86. Take me/us with you!
87. Your best years are ahead of you!
88. Start living!
89. Dream big!
90. Thanks for all the good times!
91. Doctor’s orders:
• Enjoy retirement!
92. Take notice world! Your greatest nurse is on her way!
93. You got out alive!
94. Goodbye tension – hello pension!
95. Thanks for your dedicated service.
96. It is ok to be lazy now!
97. Thank you for your (number) years of service.
98. The legend has retired!
99. You’ve earned a much-deserved rest!
100. Congratulations on your last shift!
101. Who am I going to get to cover for me now?!
102. Your patients will miss you!
103. Retired, but a nurse for life!
104. You made other people’s lives better. Now it’s time to put yourself first!
105. You worked your whole life for this cake!
106. No more bedpans and bandages!
107. You’ve been an inspiration. Thank you!
108. Work will suck without you!
109. Doctor’s orders:
• Enjoy time!
• Long walk!
• Nap whenever you wish!
• Eat cake!
• Fair winds and following seas!
110. Date of beginning – date of ending and name.
111. Happy retirement to (Name). Thank you for your service for (number) years!
112. Congratulations on (number) years of service. Date of beginning – date of ending.
113. Oh, the places you’ll go!
114. Be proud of all you have accomplished in your life, the wisdom you have gained and the friends you have made. Happy retirement!
115. Happy hour, just a tailhook away!
116. On to new adventures!
117. Retirement is not the end of the road; it’s the beginning of the open highway!
118. Enjoy this new journey in your life.
119. You’ve been an inspiration! Thank you!
120. You can retire, but you can’t retire from being great!
121. Spreading sheets sounds more appealing than a spreadsheet!
122. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened!
123. We may not remember everything you said, but we will remember how special you made us feel. Happy retirement!
124. Find joy in the journey!
125. Take it all one day at a time and enjoy the journey!
126. Dear past, thank you for the lessons. Dear future, I’m ready!
127. She believed she could, so she did.
128. Happy, content, relaxed, rested, smiling, and carefree. Retired!
129. I’m retired not expired!
130. Now you can do anything you want, as long as your wife agrees!
131. Good luck with your new boss: Your wife!
132. Jump in! The water is fine!
133. Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I’m possible!
134. You have to put off being young until you can retire.
135. I’m retired! If you want to talk, you’ll be charged a consulting fee!
136. School’s out for (name)!
137. No more exams!
138. Thank you for all your dedication, passion and effort!
139. You changed lives, now enjoy yours!
140. Your new assignment: relax!
141. You’ve graded your last paper!
142. The grade for your career: A+.
143. You have been an inspiration to all the children. Congratulations and happy retirement!
144. End of term… forever!
145. The influence of a good teacher can never be erased!
146. Retirement rocks!
147. Off the clock – for good!
148. You take the cake!
149. I won’t be back!
150. Enjoy your new 7-day weekend!
151. Getting up after midday, no traffic jams or suits… What, I’m not jealous!
152. Retired: not my problem anymore!
153. Showering is now optional (but still recommended!)
154. Retirement is the icing on the cake!
155. We’re going to miss you… Just not your bad jokes!
156. Unemployed and loving it!
157. Eat your cake and leave!
158. Who needs weekends? You’re retired!
159. You’re retiring? No fair!
160. I’m worried we’re not saving enough for our retirement alcohol.
161. Free at last!
162. Retired: goodbye crap, hello nap!
163. Eat, drink and be retired!
164. When you’ve survived this, retirement is a piece of cake?